translating the categories in the totem BBC plugin or not?

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Fri Mar 6 11:04:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

În data de Vi, 06-03-2009 la 10:44 +0100, Sebastien Bacher a scris:
> Hi everybody,
>
> It has been noticed that the current BBC plugin is not translatable and
> a patch has been sent on https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/329573
>
> The change add the list of categories to the translatable strings and I
> would gather some opinion on whether people think that's a good idea or
> not knowing that the media content available is in english.
> On one side having translated categories would look nicer in the
> interface on the other side that could mislead people to think the
> medias will be in their language.

I would leave them unstranslated.  I don't know if they would look
nicer.

But we can let translators team to decide if they want them transated :)

>From what I see all BBC categories, subcategories and titles are
displayed in the dedicated scrolledWindow view.
It is best to have all content from that window in a single language.

> Cheers,
>
> Sebastien Bacher

Thank you and Gabor for all your work!
--