Hebrew CLI translations

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Mon Jun 29 18:45:23 BST 2009

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 07:18:16PM +0200, David Planella wrote:
> * In terms of disabling the use of CLI translations: we could consider
> disabling them at the package level as in Debian (removing the language
> code in the po/LINGUAS file for those packages which use it), or we
> could see if we can blacklist the imports/exports of those applications
> in Launchpad.

I don't think that is a good idea, it should be left to translation team
to decide whether or not translate such applications, there are several
ways to display RTL in terminals (Acon, BiCon, Mlterm, Pterm, Konsole)
for people who wont it, some one not wanting translation can easily set
his locale to English (e.g. by adding 'export LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8' to his
~/.bashrc, which won't affect the GUI), but if we removed the
translation completely then people who want it will not be able to get
it.

Regards,
 Khaled

--