how to get started?

Phu Hoang Xuan phunehehe at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 12:44:42 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,
First of all I hope that I'm not spamming you all with this email...

My name is Hoang Xuan Phu, I am a Vietnamese student who would love to get
involved in the development of ubuntu. Although I major in computer science,
I must admit that I am no linux geek (actually I got my first linux distro -
intrebix, just several months ago). Thus I think that I would do the
translation first, until I get enough skill to get into messing with the
packages.

I have been looking through the FAQs and I have been in the mailing list for
quite some time. All the pages say that it should be very quick before I can
start helping, but I myself don't get any idea out of them. Can someone post
a usable guide somewhere (or if it is already somewhere, give me a link)?
Anyway a page like that would be very helpful, and if it is already posted I
think we should make it easier to find. I can't stop thinking about other
people like me...

Best regards,
Phu