Some details of what happened (was: Re: HEADS-UP! URGENT! Major problem with translations for Hardy and Intrepid.)

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Jan 18 05:39:27 UTC 2009

În data de Du, 18-01-2009 la 03:12 +0800, Arne Goetje a scris:
[snip]
> Thanks for taking care of the translations, I know you do this
> voluntarily and in your free time (I also work on several projects in
> my
> limited free time) and I appreciate it.
>
> Cheers
> Arne

If we could not automatically fix upstream translations do you think a
periodic full translations check would help?

I was thinking of creating a webpage similar to your reports and maybe
add RSS feeds for each language.

Below is the report based on Base pack: 2009-01-06 00:14:56 EET , but I
would add a cron job to update such a page once every 2 weeks.
http://l10n.ubuntu.tla.ro/rosetta-hardy-build/

What do you say?

Kind regards,

PS: the junky code is here: