HEADS-UP! URGENT! Major problem with translations for Hardy and Intrepid.

Danilo Šegan danilo at canonical.com
Fri Jan 16 09:26:16 UTC 2009

У чет, 15. 01 2009. у 22:09 -0500, Og Maciel пише:
> I have always thought that Rosetta validated the strings before saving
> them. Is this a regression or was this data brought in via different
> means (also with no validation)?

This can happen if upstream didn't introduce c-format flag right away.
Rosetta doesn't "recheck" all the translations once c-format flag is
added, which I filed as
  https://bugs.launchpad.net/rosetta/+bug/317578

Also, Ubuntu team wants to fix problems that are unknown even to
upstreams (i.e. translations using "%"-formatting where strings are not
even marked as c-format).  Basically, this means fixing problems for all
upstream projects, and my suggestion would be for everybody involved to
file specific bugs so this can be fixed upstream as well.

Cheers,
Danilo