How to translate Ubuntu

Arne Goetje arne.goetje at canonical.com
Fri Feb 27 16:23:37 GMT 2009

Dear all,

just a quick note, since I'm dealing with multiple issues at once
again... :(

Maybe you have noticed already, we have a shiny new link in Rosetta,
called "Translation help". This link is visible for all projects under
the "ubuntu-translators" umbrella and currently links to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TranslatingUbuntu .

Now, that the contents of that page could need some improvements, I'd
like to ask for volunteers to update that page.

Alternatively, if you know a page with better information and think that
one would be more suitable, please suggest the link to this list, so
that we can update the link in Rosetta.

Related to that: we have a number of projects under the
"ubuntu-translators" umbrella. I would like to suggest to review the
list of projects and move those to "launchpad-translators" where it
makes sense. If you need help with that, please shout! ;)

Thanks a bunch
Arne