Translations meeting tomorrow

David Planella david.planella at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 13 13:24:05 UTC 2009

El dc 12 de 08 de 2009 a les 17:40 +0300, en/na Eyal Levin va escriure:

> 2009/8/12 David Planella <david.planella at ubuntu.com>
>         Hi translators,
>
>         For tomorrow's meeting we've got two items deferred from
>         previous ones:
>
>         https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Meetings/2009-08-13:
>
>              * Promoting and using the Ubuntu Translations project
>                      * Continued from previous meeting:
>                      * How to raise awareness of the purpose and usage
>         of the
>                        project (to developers, bug triagers, bug
>         reporters)
>                      * How to best integrate its usage to the bug
>         triaging
>                        process
>              * Disabling Hebrew CLI translations
>                      * Hebrew translators want to disable their
>         translations
>                        (other RTL languages' translators have either
>         said they
>                        don't want to or they haven't expressed any
>         complaints)
>                      * We've got a preliminary list of apps at
>
>          https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHebrewTranslators/CLI
>                      * What options we've got for disabling them
>                      * How do we proceed
>
>         Especially for the second point, will anyone from the Hebrew
>         team be
>         able to attend to discuss it?
>
> Can't make it at 15:00..
> 13:00 or 14:00 is much better for me if it's possible.

I can't make it at that time today, sorry. But feel free to ping me on
IRC in #ubuntu-translators at any time.

I think regarding the Hebrew translations, the next step I'll take is
just go and ask at the ubuntu-devel mailing list how the developers
think translations can be best disabled on the package level and then
report back.

Regarding today's meeting, as I haven't had any feedback from the last
e-mail, I'm assuming that no one will be able to make it to discuss the
remaining topic, so I'll postpone the meeting to the 3rd of September
(as I'll be on holiday the week before).

I'll still be on #ubuntu-meeting today in case anyone didn't notice this
message postponing the meeting, and we can always improvise a Q+A
session if necessary.

I would welcome any feedback on making the meetings monthly or on
proposing another time if it suits you best.

Thanks!

Regards,
David.

--