gfxboot-theme-ubuntu

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 3 10:33:43 BST 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 09:55:58PM +0800, Arne Goetje wrote:
> Milo Casagrande wrote:
> > The other day I was testing the MID/UNR images of Ubuntu Jaunty.
> >
> > At the "prompt" when you have to choose the action to do (try, install,
> > check the CD...), the first option, that looks like "Try Ubuntu MID
> > without any change to your computer", is not translatable in the
> > gfxboot-theme-ubuntu package.
> >
> > Are we too late to have those strings translatable for Jaunty?
>
> I'm asking the guys responsible for MID and will let you know.

Actually, in this case it's better to ask the guy responsible for
gfxboot-theme-ubuntu, i.e. me. Emmet Hikory did this in
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gfxboot-theme-ubuntu/+bug/354364.

I've added these strings, although I don't know whether there'll be time
to translate them. Here are the entries from the POT file:

#. Boot menu item; a ^ prefix indicates a unique accelerator key.
#. txt_menuitem_live_ubuntu_mid
msgid "^Try Ubuntu MID without any change to your computer"
msgstr ""

#. Boot menu item; a ^ prefix indicates a unique accelerator key.
#. txt_menuitem_live_ubuntu_netbook_remix
msgid "^Try Ubuntu Netbook Remix without any change to your computer"
msgstr ""

#. Boot menu item; a ^ prefix indicates a unique accelerator key.
#. txt_menuitem_install_ubuntustudio
msgid "^Install Ubuntu Studio"
msgstr ""

#. Boot menu item; a ^ prefix indicates a unique accelerator key.
#. txt_menuitem_install_ubuntu_mid
msgid "^Install Ubuntu MID"
msgstr ""

#. Boot menu item; a ^ prefix indicates a unique accelerator key.
#. txt_menuitem_install_ubuntu_netbook_remix
msgid "^Install Ubuntu Netbook Remix"
msgstr ""