Intrepid translations

Milo Casagrande milo_casagrande at yahoo.it
Fri Sep 12 19:06:37 UTC 2008

Il giorno ven, 12/09/2008 alle 19.32 +0200, Jochen Skulj ha scritto:
> Can you tell me if the translations of the ubuntu-doc package were taken
> over from hardy to intrepid? Our translators worked in the last weeks
> and even the last days on the hardy translation in the hope this
> translations would be taken over to intrepid.

Usually, they are. Though, it depends when they were taken: before or
after your translators have done the work...

> If there was no take-over or much earlier versions of the translations
> were taken over is there an easy way to restore the updated hardy
> translations in intrepid? Could I maybe just export the po files from
> hardy and import them to intrepid?

You could do that, or you could wait untill the docs are finalized and
enter string freeze (2nd October), then export Intrepid and Hardy's and
merge the two POs together.

FWIW, I would wait 'till 2nd October, keep working on Hardy and then do
the merge.

--
Milo Casagrande <milo_casagrande at yahoo.it>