desktop-* (KDE4) and some other PO files not imported at all

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 09:59:55 BST 2008

2008/10/21 Kenneth Nielsen <k.nielsen81 at gmail.com>:
> Isn't manually uploading to compensate for lack of automatic
> integration of upstream translations, a bit like peeing in your pants
> to stay warm? As far as I know, as soon as you upload manually it
> counts as a LP translation, which means that all the usual fun and
> horror with override priorities start kecking in.

No, if you upload it as Published upload instead of User upload. The
uploaded file's translations are marked as being upstream, ie.
possible Rosetta translations take precedence but all the "empty
slots" are filled (and the rest can be reverted also back to Packaged
if there was some work done in Rosetta).

So, it exactly works as a hack to workaround current Rosetta problems,
but both we (all translation teams) and Rosetta developers need to
know about the problem points to do both short-term and long-term
fixes.

-Timo