new strings in ubuntu-docs

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 13 20:06:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Timo Jyrinki <timo.jyrinki at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/10/12 Matthew East <mdke at ubuntu.com>:
>> This is to let you know that we have modified a few strings in
>> ubuntu-docs and uploaded new templates to Launchpad. This was to fix
>> some issues in the documentation introduced by changes to network
>> manager and other quite serious bugs in the instructions.
>>
>> I hope these templates will be imported soon.
>
> Hi Jeroen. How about these? If these do not get both imported, and
> translated by translators, before this week's Thursday, we're going to
> have non-complete documentation translations, right? So basically
> ubuntu-docs should again be put in the front of the queue since their
> deadline is a week earlier than others.

Again, I'll repeat my view that pot files should be prioritised so
that the translation templates can be made available immediately.

As for translations, in past releases we have traditionally tended to
download translations at the LanguagePackTranslationDeadline (in this
case 23 October) rather than the earlier deadline. In particular given
the recent problems, I think we should do that again, I'll clear it
with the release team. That will give translators at least an extra
few days.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org