UDS Jaunty

Milo Casagrande milo at casagrande.name
Tue Nov 25 12:17:27 UTC 2008

Hello all,

for the coming UDS I created a blueprint [1] based on what happened
during this past release cycle with some applications in "main" that
weren't translatable. I've also written the spec page on the wiki...

Anyway, the blueprint is probably too "utopian", but the main point is
to make aware developers and other people involved in the
development/release process about the importance, and the problems we
face, of i18n and l10n. Its goal is also to write documentation for
developers on how to internationalize their programs, a "best practice"
document.

Comments are welcome!

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/i18n-blocker

--