A new language pack and limited access to translations

Danilo Šegan danilo at canonical.com
Thu Nov 6 16:33:45 UTC 2008

Hi Henrique,

У чет, 06. 11 2008. у 14:15 -0200, Henrique P Machado пише:
> Danilo, how about upstreams?

We are not importing translations directly from upstreams. They come to
Launchpad through package uploads. This means that we import whatever
Ubuntu packagers throw at us.

> I'm working on the GNOME's 2.24.1 translations into pt_BR and intend
> to upstream them ASAP.
> If I send all the translations up to 13.00 UTC it will be included in
> the new pack?

No, not at this time. There were big problems with KDE4 translations in
initial Intrepid release, and this is basically an urgent fix for them.
Regular language pack update should come in less than a month which will
likely include your updated translations if they get released as
tarballs and packaged in Ubuntu.

Cheers,
Danilo