Templates in Terminal

Eyal Levin eyalev at gmail.com
Sat May 31 18:48:42 BST 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 5:03 PM, Christian Robottom Reis <kiko at canonical.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 12:52:31PM +0300, Eyal Levin wrote:
> > Well, the problem is that we (Hebrew Translators) have Hebrew strings in
> the
> > terminal, but we have decided that the contents of the terminal should
> > remain in English since Hebrew does not display well there.
>
> Why doesn't it display well there? Isn't that more a bug of the terminal
> and/or font than in the translations?

We have some BiDi problems, but as you said this is a bug and can be fixed.
(Working fine though in mlterm [1] ).

We decided to stay with English because there is no Hebrew documentation
regarding the terminal, hence users who will try to look for help in forums,
Google, etc, won't find anything.
We also got some input from users who said that Hebrew in the terminal is
the main reason why they don't use the Hebrew locale as a whole.

[1] http://mlterm.sourceforge.net

Eyal