what's the "CD inclusion" criterion

David Planella david.planella at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 24 13:27:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

2008/3/23, mikel paskual <mikel.paskual at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> I just tested the newly released hardy beta, and something came to my mind:
> What's the "CD inclusion" criterion for language packs?

[...]

Yes, I'd be quite interested in knowing that as well. As Mikel, I
understand that all complete langpacks might not fit into the LiveCd,
but so far I haven't seen any documentation of their inclusion policy
(either complete or partial).

In our particular language, for example, it is quite odd that on the
LiveCd all menu entries are translated, but the three "top" menu names
(Applications, Places, System) are not.

It might be worth adding a note regarding this at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TranslationLifecycle.

Regards,
David.