what's the "CD inclusion" criterion

mikel paskual mikel.paskual at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 20:07:26 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I just tested the newly released hardy beta, and something came to my mind:
What's the "CD inclusion" criterion for language packs?

I mean, I understand that every little bit of space in a CD is really
valuable, and so, maybe not every language can be completely included in the
CD (even compressed, that has to make some MB).
So, why are some translation completely included, and others not (or just
partialy included)?
Which strings can I expect to be included?

I'd like to make clear that I understand space shortages in a CD, but I'd
also like to give my friends a LiveCD with the complete system translated.
There also is the DVD (or the cute miniDVD) option, but I think that's not
planned, is it?

regards