Copying translations between releases

Jeroen Vermeulen jtv at canonical.com
Thu Jan 31 05:36:42 GMT 2008

Imre Kalomista wrote:

> It is not likely that I would want to have the same string translated
> differently in different releases, so I think that the obvious
> advantages of this process outweigh the risks. If I do want to have a
> different translation - can't think of any specific cases but it is
> possible -, I can keep an eye on the specific package/string and correct
> it if necessary (that would be possible, right?)

Absolutely.  If you review translations you might think "hey, this
translation may not be right for later Ubuntu releases," and undo the
change there.

As has been pointed out, where this happens, the English text is likely
to have changed as well.  In that case there is not going to be any
problem at all.

Jeroen