How can I check the Openoffice translation?

Erdal Ronahi erdal.ronahi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 17:50:08 UTC 2008

> I like start translating the main menus. Which is the template for "Writer"?

There is not one single template for Writer. Everything that starts
with "sw-" is for writer, but that's not all.

> Once done the translation in Launchpad, how can I see the results...
> is enough use the file .mo?

That's not so easy either OOo uses a different system than most of the
stuff in Ubuntu. Does your language already have a package like
openoffice.org-l10n-xx with xx being your language code? If yes, you
can wait for the updated package. If no, you should get one done.

The other commentators are right, it has many advantages to translate
upstream first. Our team (Kurdish) was one of two teams who wanted to
translate OOo through launchpad, like you are doing now. It was VERY
difficult for us to extract these translations later and send them to
upstream. That may have become easier, but the other way round is much
easier and safer.

OOo is now translated upstream via Pootle which is similar to
Launchpad. Maybe you would like that one, too.

Best,
Erdal