Launchpad Translators group

Jeroen Vermeulen jtv at canonical.com
Wed Dec 3 13:11:50 UTC 2008

Milo Casagrande wrote:
>> From: Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro>

>> I have create the following blueprint thinking that at the next UDS we
>> can discuss the relation of this new groups with the already well
>> established Ubuntu Translators groups.
>> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/rosetta/+spec/launchpad-translators-group
>
> Subscribed! ;)
>
>> What do you think?
>
> It's a great idea to improve the opinion that "outsiders" could have
> about Launchpad and to attract new teams inside!
>
> Hopefully in this way more projects will let their translations under
> the Launchpad umbrella; I'm struggling to get some projects (not related
> to Ubuntu) under the "Ubuntu Translators" team, and it's not that
> easy...

I think this is a great solution for that.  The Ubuntu translation group
should be for Ubuntu, but there's no reason why we can't have a
"reference implementation" of a Launchpad translation group that people
can come to by default.  It may even inspire more translation groups and
teams.

I'd like to invite everyone here to the discussion about this at UDS.
Let's make this work!

Jeroen