Firefox in Launchpad

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Thu Apr 3 13:24:07 UTC 2008

El jue, 03-04-2008 a las 14:32 +0200, Milo Casagrande escribió:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> I've seen that it is now possible to translate Firefox through
> Launchpad.

Yeah, there are some details still to be improved but we finally manage
to have it there.

> As the translation for my own language is not complete and there's
> already a team working on that, how often will the translations for FF
> be updated?

We update from Mozilla's FTP server, so I would say with each release
update in Ubuntu (current files are for beta3, we will update it to
beta4 soon).

> Non-langpack deadline is around the corner (10th April) and FF is in
> this list, so I would like to know how to move...

FF will be part of language packs starting with Hardy, so you that
deadline doesn't apply here. We are still testing the Launchpad export
into Ubuntu language packs, so it will still take some days before you
can see the translations available in Ubuntu.

We had a small problem with the import, though, so there are some
messages that would need a manual approval while we fix that bug so
please, try to reuse the suggestions as much as possible.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu => http://www.ubuntu.com