String freeze and Ubiquity

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Tue Mar 27 08:35:07 UTC 2007

Felipe Gil Castiñeira escribió:
> Dear all!

Hi

> We had a (very) bad Ubiquity galician translation, so as it is one of
> the first applications a user sees, we modified it as soon as Feisty
> translations were opened. Since then the Ubiquity package was updated,
> but the translation is the old one.

Ubiquity translations are part of debian-installer so you must translate
Debian installer:

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/feisty/+source/debian-installer/+pots/debian-installer

 What you see to translate in the ubiquity source package are just the
launcher translations.

> The NonLanguagePackTranslationDeadline is near (according to
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeistyReleaseSchedule is on April 5th). Will
> Ubiquity incorporate the Rosetta translations after this deadline and
> before the final release?

I don't think so, it requires a full build of the installer and, as far
as I know, that's the timeline to have the installer ready. But you
should check that with Colin, the man behind the installer.

Cheers.

Btw, for this kind of request, is better that you use
ubuntu-translators at lists.ubuntu.com mailing list. rosetta-users is a
more general list that is not ubuntu specific.

> Thanks in advance!
>     Felipe.

- --
Carlos Perelló Marín