Untranslatable strings

Daniel Nylander po at danielnylander.se
Thu Jun 28 12:28:41 BST 2007

I noticed some strings/messages that wasn't translated (or translation
used) when running the latest beta Ubuntu feisty/gutsy cd's (live and
alternative)

1: Alternative 3 in the grub boot menu (Install with driver update CD)
I think I remember that this string has been translated.. but not used.
See http://home.danielnylander.se/ubuntu/ubuntu-nordic.png

2: On the alternative install cd there are a few questions regarding USB
keyboards and keyboard map during the installation phase. I can't
remember exactly what the messages said but there was some questions
regarding which special keys you had on your keyboard (such as Do you
have any of these keys, å ä ö etc). These questions end up in choosing
the correct key map for your keyboard (which is A Good Thing).

Maybe someone can help me find out how to bug report these strings (if
they still are an issue). I guess that the keyboard issue is related to
some (unofficial?) udeb used in debian-installer. I don't remember these
strings from the upstream (debian) translation.

--
Daniel Nylander (CISSP, GCUX, GCFA)
Stockholm, Sweden
info at danielnylander.se  yeager at ubuntu.com  dnylande at gnome.org