Gutsy translations now open!

Claude Paroz claude at 2xlibre.net
Tue Jun 12 15:17:46 BST 2007

Le mardi 12 juin 2007 à 14:36 +0100, Matthew East a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, June 12, 2007 2:30 pm, Matthew Revell wrote:
>
> > 1. Gutsy translations are now open.
>
> Good news. Can I just ask for clarification about the current workflow
> between Ubuntu and upstream: presumably although translations are now open
> for Ubuntu, not all upstream translations have been imported, and
> significant quantities of translations (for example for Gnome) will be
> coming down from upstream later in the release cycle.
>
> Is there sufficient protection in place to ensure that Ubuntu isn't going
> to deviate from upstream as a result of this early opening for
> translations in Rosetta?

Thanks Matt for raising this issue. That's exactly been my reaction
while reading this "good" news.

I don't know if this is really a good idea, as GNOME didn't even enter
string freeze...

Please, team leaders, warn your translators not to touche GNOME (and
possibly KDE) strings, at least until GNOME 2.20 is out !

Claude