Language packs for feisty

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Thu Jan 25 13:45:13 UTC 2007

Djihed Afifi escribió:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi Carlos,

Hi,

>> Yes, as usual, Feisty will have everything from previous release (Edgy)
>> + everything comming from the version we have in Feisty, in this case
>> 2.18.
>>

>> Cheers.
>>

> I don't get it sorry. Current Edgy 2.16 translations are not up to
> date with what I commited to Gnome SVN for 2.16. And I commit
> translations directly to gnome SVN for 2.18.

That's because we use translations from released packages, we don't sync
from SVN (yet) so to get those translations in Edgy, a new tarball from
GNOME should be packaged and uploaded into Edgy.

The same will happen in Feisty.

> "everything comming from the version we have in Feisty":  does that
> refer to translations coming from rosetta or from mainstream?
>
> I guess my question is, if I commit my translations to Gnome SVN prior
> to the 2.18 release, will Feisty end up having them?

Yes, I think even if you do it post 2.18 release. Usually Ubuntu has the
.1 revision. After that we cannot do anything unless the new version is
packaged for Ubuntu officially.

Cheers.

> Djihed
>

>> > Djihed
>> >
>> > On 25/01/07, Carlos Perelló Marín <carlos.perello at canonical.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,

>> > We are in the process to do it.
>> >
>> > We did a testing opening in our development servers last week, but
>> had a
>> > small performance problem that we are looking at right now.
>> >
>> > I hope Rosetta will know about Feisty translations during next week.
>> > After that, we will start with daily language packs for Feisty and
>> > initial ones will be uploaded into Ubuntu's archive.
>> >
>> > Cheers.

>> > to be

>> > --
>> > Carlos Perelló Marín