yelp translations

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 4 18:43:08 UTC 2007

Hi Seb,

The translators have pointed out that the translations of the Yelp front
page are not working as they should. It seems that this is because they
should be contained in the file /usr/share/yelp/toc.xml rather than
coming through the usual langpack mechanism.

Martin said that it should be possible to fix this by doing a rebuild of
yelp with the relevant po files imported manually from
Rosetta/langpacks. Would you be able to give this a try?

I've copied the conversation I had with Martin on irc below.

Thanks!!

19:25:24 < mdke> pitti / seb128: around?
19:25:29 < pitti> mdke: yes
19:25:41 < mdke> pitti: hiya. We have a bit of a problem with
language-packs/yelp
19:25:59 < mdke> apparently the translations of the front page are not
showing up.
19:26:53 < mdke> seems that the relevant translations are in the
language-packs, but yelp isn't using them because it isn't pulling the
translations from the mo files
                 into the relevant yelp infrastructure, which
is /usr/share/yelp/toc.xml
19:26:55 < pitti> mdke: hm, does yelp use the normal .mo files?
19:27:20 < mdke> apparently not
19:28:16 < mdke> I mailed the yelp maintainer about it, I'll paste his
response somewhere
19:28:42 < mdke> http://pastebin.ca/424318
19:31:20 < mdke> pitti: if you're able to shed any more light on that,
it would be much appreciated.
19:32:50 < pitti> mdke: right, so far I think it just helps to rebuild
the source with the updated .po files
19:33:08 < pitti> mdke: danilos has a long-term plan how to fix this,
but it's nothing for feisty
19:33:31 < mdke> I think yelp had a build recently though, is there
something more that needs doing to ensure the po files are there?
19:34:01 < pitti> mdke: they have to be pulled manually from rosetta or
the langpack and put into the source, I guess
19:35:05 < mdke> pitti: ah. Is that something that seb128 will know how
to do / is accustomed to doing for other packages?
19:35:31 < pitti> I think so, yes
19:35:52 < mdke> I'll mail him and ask
19:36:23 < mdke> pitti: unless you think there is a better way to
proceed?
19:36:53 < pitti> mdke: I'm afraid not for Feisty
19:37:13 < mdke> pitti: that's fine. I'll ask Seb then

--
http://www.mdke.org
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF