custom ubuntu cd

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Mon May 29 08:03:43 UTC 2006

Krzysztof Lichota napisał(a):
> Peter Chabada napisał(a):
>> Ubuntu Desktop CD does not contain translations of system. I think it's
>> a reported bug, but still does not contains translation of Gnome desktop
>> environment. I would like to create customized installation CD with
>> appropriate language packs. Is there some official howto? Did someone do
>> that?
>
> I have a script to do this automatically, though it needs some polishing
> and I haven't used it recently after refactoring the code (for creating
> localized CDs).
> See
> http://lichota.net/~krzysiek/projects/kubuntu/dapper-livecd-optimization/live-cd-remaster-0.2.tgz
> try it with customization directory called "polish" (it is for Polish
> locale).
>
> I will try to test it tomorrow with Kubuntu RC.
>
> There is for sure an issue with boot screen appearing in English (you
> have to change language using F2). I wasn't able to change it to some
> other locale, I will have to dig deeper into bootlogo internals.

I have tested it, there is some issue with removing language packs.
You have to remove (or comment out) from
customization-dir-examples/polish/customize lines removing English
locale, beginning with:
REMOVED_PACKAGES="language-pack-en language-support-en

and, of course, change lines installing language packs to install your
locale, and remove from second REMOVED_PACKAGES line removing your
locale. You should also put your full locale name in
../customize-dir-examples/polish/livecd_locale (this will make system
appear in this locale even if user does not choose language at boot
using F2).

After that run:
sudo nice ./remaster-live-cd.sh
~/downloads/kubuntu/kubuntu-6.06-rc-desktop-i386.iso
../customize-dir-examples/polish/

and make yourself a large cup of tea/coffee/whatever. Live CD will be
created as ~/tmp/remaster-new-files/livecd.iso.

HTH

	Krzysztof Lichota