Changing translations in update-notifier

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at hut.fi
Fri May 12 08:15:38 UTC 2006

Hello,

Is the developer of update-notifier aware of the string freeze? The
strings seem to change very often, and without any notification on this
list or elsewhere it seems.

I think it was Ubuntu 5.10 where update-notifier's strings were changed
very near to translation freeze, and all the languages probably had some
strings untranslated. Or, I suspected also it might have been that new
package version was uploaded and old translations were forcefully
forgotten, after the translation freeze - perhaps something that is now at
least fixed in Rosetta.

But please, I hope these latest changes are truly the last ones... if
there would be more packages like this, it would be very hard to keep
track of what (important) packages have translations missing.

-Timo