gnome-panel strings change

Peter Chabada ubuntu at chabada.sk
Tue May 9 20:42:04 UTC 2006

Sebastien Bacher píše v Pi 05. 05. 2006 v 17:29 +0200:
> I've just uploaded a new gnome-panel changings some strings to the "add
> to panel" dialog:
> * "_Custom Application Launcher" has been changed to "Custom Application
> _Launcher" to fix the accelerator conflict with _Cancel (#42037)

It would be nice if those "cosmetic" changes doesn't remove existing
translations (at least keeping them fuzzy). Translations doesn't care
about English accelerators and have their own so this kind of change
makes valid translation lost (and in Rosetta we cannot see previous
versions).

Other "small" changes that makes translator's life harder are changes in
letter case, removing trailing dots, spaces... Sometimes original
strings are not good but translators translate it to something
reasonable so keeping translations (fuzzy) is a good idea because they
are usable.

I hope you got the point... Is it possible to take care about this?
--
Peter Chabada