Exciting things for translated documentation

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sat May 6 14:26:30 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 15:03 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is a message to encourage you to get translation of the
> documentation up to 100%!!
>
> For the first time you can now see what the result of doing so will be:
> I've added build scripts to the Documentation team repository to build
> localised versions of our help website. This means you get a translated
> homepage for the website, and translated pdf files.
>
> See the website here:
>
> http://help.ubuntu.com/6.06/index.cc.html
>
> (replace cc with your country code, so for example, if you are Korean:
> http://help.ubuntu.com/6.06/index.ko.html

I should have mentioned: if this is not working for your language, it is
quite likely to be because you haven't translated the website homepage
(or hadn't at the time I downloaded the translations, last week):

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/ubuntu-docs/+pots/website-index

One more thing: the release notes have not yet been made available for
translation: we haven't finished writing them yet. (mgalvin/jjesse - any
idea when these will be ready for translating?).

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF