Membership process

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Jan 1 11:17:33 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 18:59 -0200, Carlos Eduardo Pedroza Santiviago
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm the current Administrator of the Ubuntu Brazilian Portuguese
> Translators Team. I'd like to know if is there any process to approve
> new members to the translation team.

Hi Carlos,

As far as I know, each group has its own methods of approving new
members to translation teams. You're quite right, you can't approve
everybody, it's important to ensure that the members know what they are
doing! For what it's worth, here is what the Italian group does:

* Ask new members to read the gnome translation guide and the linux free
translation project guide.
* Sign the code of conduct
* Make a personal wiki page with some information about the person and
their plans for Ubuntu.
* Show the existing group some suggested translations already done in
rosetta (or alternatively on the wiki) which demonstrate a good
knowledge of English and Italian. A member (or members) of the group
checks the translations and if they are ok, we approve the new member.

Hope this helps.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF