Kurdish daily langpacks break all KDE applications

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 4 07:54:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

Erdal, thanks for the report. I will delay dapper/edgy updates until
this is solved.

(keeping fullquote for Jonathan, FYI)

Erdal Ronahi [2006-12-03 23:55 +0100]:
> I am using the daily langpacks for Edgy from pitty's repository. The latest
> update of language-pack-kde-ku and language-pack-kde-ku-base broke all my
> KDE applications. The refuse to start and give the following terminal
> output:
>
> kdecore (KLocale): WARNING: Definition of PluralForm is none of
> NoPlural/TwoForms/French/OneTwoRest/Russian/Polish/Slovenian/Lithuanian/Czech/Slovak/Arabic/Balcan/Macedonian/Gaeilge/Maltese:
> Kurdish
> kdeinit: Communication error with launcher. Exiting!
> kdecore (KLocale): WARNING: Definition of PluralForm is none of
> NoPlural/TwoForms/French/OneTwoRest/Russian/Polish/Slovenian/Lithuanian/Czech/Slovak/Arabic/Balcan/Macedonian/Gaeilge/Maltese:
> Kurdish
>
> A description of the problem is here:
> How can we prevent that this happens when the langpacks are officially
> updated?

This seems to be a more global problem than a bug in a single
PO file. I know very little about plural forms, though.
Carlos/Jordi/anyone, do you have a clue?

Thanks,

Martin

--
Martin Pitt        http://www.piware.de

In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?