Freeze date for the documentation

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Thu Mar 10 18:12:12 UTC 2005

Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 11:01:50AM +0100, Claude Paroz wrote:
>

>>>If you want to have a look, from the DocteamProjects page you'll find a
>>>link to an HTML preview.  The sources for the documents can be checked
>>>out from our svn repository: http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/DocteamRepository
>>>Please let us know when would you like a freeze, and what can we do to
>>>help you.
>>
>>I'm sorry, but I didn't find where it is possible to see translation
>>status of these documents. Are they suppose to be in Rosetta ?
>

> No, unless someome sees it fit.  Last time I heard (but it was some
> months ago), Rosetta didn't cope with large documents very well.
>
> If it now does, then by all means let's do it!  (Although we need help
> on "how?")

All that Rosetta need is a .pot file with the original text. If you are
able to do that, you can use Rosetta to translate the documentation.

At this stage, we (the Rosetta team) are not working (yet) on
documentation translations but will start looking into it soon so you
don't need to care about it.

Cheers.