I want to contribute with translations in Norwegian bokmål

Martin Willemoes Hansen mwh at sysrq.dk
Sun Jan 30 11:26:33 UTC 2005

søn, 30 01 2005 kl. 10:04 +0100, skrev fsilye at mac.com:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to do some translations. Last time I installed Ubuntu with
> a Norwegian interface, it was just half translated. A lot was written
> in Danish. I would like finish the installer as a start.

Nice to hear that there is Danish, im translating Ubuntu to Danish you
see ;)

> I have experience in translating software, but for Linux. I would like
> to know what apps I need to install on my AMD x86-64 machine to be able
> to translate for you.

Umh, I use emacs, intltool, gettext and apt.

Here is a list of packages to translate:

update-notifier
update-manager
synaptic

Do something like this:

1. apt-get source package
2. translate the package
3. submit it to the developers of the package

There is also some kind of webinterface called Rosetta, personally I
dont like it but you may.
https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/RosettaReleaseAnnouncement

Happy hacking!
--