Use of language.

Jan Morén jan.moren at
Tue Oct 26 20:48:54 CDT 2004

tis 2004-10-26 klockan 22:35 -0300 skrev Bruno Garcia:
> When translating/writing documentation, should we use formal language
> (where applicable)?
> I mean,  should we use third person singular?

Look at how your language is translated in Gnome; you should probably
keep to the same tone and terminology to make the desktop consistent.

Also check if your langauage translation team in Gnome have a webpage
with resources such as word lists and helpful tips - many teams do.

Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.
Tel. (Japan) 090-3622 8920            Dr. Jan Morén (mr)
                                      Dept. of Cognitive Science    Lund, Sweden