Spanish or Catalan translation

Dafydd Harries daf at canonical.com
Tue Nov 9 02:19:11 UTC 2004

Ar 08/11/2004 am 23:29, ysgrifennodd Anna Estellés:

> Hello,
>
> I'm Anna, I've studied a BA Translation (English and French > Spanish and
> Catalan)  and now I'm working on my MA. For this reason I have got spare time
> and I would like to help you to translate to Spanish or Catalan. What shall I
> do?

Hi Anna!

Great to hear you're interested in translating Ubuntu.

First, I'd like to suggest that you try and get Ubuntu running in
Spanish or Catalan. If you have trouble doing this, please ask on the
mailing list so that we can try to help you.

This will help you see the state of existing translations for programs
and what needs work. Then, the next step is to find something to
translate.

We also have a Wiki page at
https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/TranslationTeam which contains a little
bit more information. Of course, you're welcome to update the page as
you see fit.

The translation team will also be translating Ubuntu documentation, but
I've yet to discuss this in detail with the documentation team.

--
Dafydd