[ubuntu-tn] internet solution for ubuntu

Besma M'charek-Boussif bmcharek at gmail.com
Lun 16 Avr 12:39:44 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

Thanks for the great input. Really, I appreciate it a lot.

@rafik, you misunderstood me. Zarzis has loads of infrastructure, for
years. It is a touristic area.
What I meant is that my in laws live in an area (near the hospital, any
idea if it works there?) with hardly any infrastructure. It is beautiful
(looking forward to go there with my daughter), but all the buildings are
new and telephone lign is still an issue. By the way, me too I am from
Zarzis, used to live there years ago (but my French is not that good
anymore, especially if I need to use technical terms) and very very proud
of that ;).

thanks again,
Besma

2012/4/16 Rafik Ouerchefani <rafik at ubuntu.com>

> Hi,
>
> First of all, Zarzis is not at all "an area with hardly any
> infrastructure". FYI, I'm from there, I used to use Orange 3G with no
> problems. It works like a charm on Ubuntu. I didn't try Tunisie
> Telecom 3G but I heard it's ok as well.
>
> Regarding the speed, it pretty much depends on the neighborhood. I
> never got 3G to work at my place in Tunis but it always worked
> beautifully in Zarzis, wherever I go, except "shatt sonia"...
>
> Cheers,
>

> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Besma M'charek-Boussif
> <bmcharek at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Salam,
> >
> > I am visiting Tunisia next month and will stay at my in laws. They live
> in
> > this new area with hardly any infrastructure such as Internet. I would
> like
> > to stay fully available for work and need a good enough mobile solution
> > I am wondering what a good temporary solution (I am talking about one
> week)
> > would be for ubuntu compatible mobile Internet in Tunisia (the south,
> > Zarzis).
> > Could anybody help me out? I would highly appreciate all input, thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Met vriendelijke groeten,
> > Besma M'charek Boussif
> >

> > --