Scratch Ubuntu OS To RTOS

Samir Ben Abid samirbenabid at gmail.com
Lun 15 Mar 13:25:34 UTC 2010

Ubuntu is, unfortunately, too bloated for an embedded system (even though it
has been ported to ARM <http://www.ubuntu.com/products/whatisubuntu/arm>).
Personally, I advice you to build your system from scratch via
Cross-LFS<http://cross-lfs.org/view/clfs-embedded/arm/>,
for example, using the appropriate toolchain for you specific processor and
test it on Qemu-ARM (here is a simple
guide<http://iomem.com/archives/2-Running-Linux-for-ARM-processors-under-QEMU.html>).
I also urge you to consult your development board's manual; and SDK is
usually supplied which makes integrating drivers (the biggest problem you
may encounter) and building the ROM image easier and a less error prone
process.

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Abdellatif JAIDANE <
abdellatif.jaidane at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need a typical application on how to scratch Ubuntu OS to customized RTOS
> for embedded application.
> any help is appreciated!
>
> Many thanks.

In any intellectual field, one can reach greater heights by
standing on the shoulders of others. But that is no longer gen-
erally allowed in the proprietary software field—you can only
stand on the shoulders of the other people in your own com-
pany.
The associated psychosocial harm affects the spirit of scientific
cooperation, which used to be so strong that scientists would
cooperate even when their countries were at war. In this spirit,
Japanese oceanographers abandoning their lab on an island in
the Pacific carefully preserved their work for the invading U.S.
Marines, and left a note asking them to take good care of it.
—Richard Stallman