Re: Lot Ubuntu-tn, Vol 24, Parution 13 Article d'un ubuntu event in Monastir à l'ISIMM in february

mouahed nahali mouahed.elnahali at gmail.com
Lun 9 Mar 14:30:16 UTC 2009

Salut en voila un rapport sur un evenement organisé par Rafik
Ourchefenai,Badii et moi meme "Mouahed" à L'ISIMM à Monastir avec la
participation de Hela Oueslati,je publie cet résumé en anglais réalisé par
Rafik pour les photos ajouter moi sur facebook ou pouvez aller sur le lien
du blog de Rafik,bref voila le résumé :
First Ubuntu event in
Monastir<http://rafiiik.blogspot.com/2009/02/first-ubuntu-event-in-monastir.html>
*vendredi** 6**  février*  Publié par Rafik  Tags :  I have done thousands
kilometers in the past months in Ubuntu related travels. In Monastir, the
city where I live since two years, the first Ubuntu event took place at the
High Institute of Computer Sciences and Mathematics (ISIMM) on Wednesday
February 4th and it was great!

The guys who are mainly behind this event are Badii Mriga, one of my best
friends, and Sabri Ben Dhaou, my cousin. I converted both of them to Ubuntu
with the Hardy release. Sabri has formatted his laptop lately and he removed
the dual-boot to keep only Ubuntu. I'm proud of you cousin!

Badii has done everything necessary to make the event rocks. He had a
meeting with the Dean who strongly encouraged him and ordered to free an
amphitheater for the event. Badii worked with the Student's Office to
organize everything. Sabri started installing Ubuntu to his friends even
before the d-day. "It's time to forget about Windows" was written in a
poster. Some people couldn't wait and some others had courses during the
time of the conference.

Hela Oueslati and Hamdi Saadallah came from Sfax (140km). Mouahad Nahali
came from Tunis (180km). We held the conference presenting Ubuntu and then,
we got a nice talk with the presents. People was amazed seeing desktop
effects with Compiz Fusion. Some hadn't believed what they were seeing when
we demonstrated virtualization. It was very interesting and very
interactive. People were asking questions, we were answering and
demonstrating in real time.

At the end, our USB ports were all busy pasting ISOs as we where rapidly
short of CDs. Sabri told me later that he with his friends have improvised
an install party ^^. Too much students were not able to attend! I can't
exactly know how many people installed Ubuntu thanks to this event but they
are certainly more than 20.
le lein du blog pour quelque fotos :
http://rafiiik.blogspot.com/search/label/Monastir
Merci d'avance de le prendre en compte .