Can I Have two Ubuntu Editions in the same PC!

Abdelmonam Kouka abdelmonam.kouka at gmail.com
Ven 24 Avr 22:59:11 BST 2009


2009/4/24 Rached ALEYA <rached.aleya at gmail.com>

> Thanks Brother Abdelmomen :)
>
 إحم إحم..عبد المنعم موش عبد المومن
;)

>
>
> 2009/4/24 Abdelmonam Kouka <abdelmonam.kouka at gmail.com>
>
>> inchalla, you are welcome brother :)
>>
>> 2009/4/24 Fares Ben Souilah <faresbs at gmail.com>
>>
>> Thanks Abdelmonem for all this information , I am just a beginner
>>> inchallah el 9oddém 5ir
>>> Have a good night
>>>
>>> Fares
>>>
>>> 2009/4/24 Abdelmonam Kouka <abdelmonam.kouka at gmail.com>
>>>
>>> Assalamo alaykom,
>>>>
>>>> *want to ask about if it is possible to have many version of Ubuntu on
>>>> the same PC! Like Ubuntu 9.04 and in same time Ubuntu Muslim edition!
>>>> *
>>>> --> I don't know why you would this configuration??? in fact Sabily
>>>> (ex-ubuntuME) is ubuntu+ many things (see here:
>>>> http://www.sabily.org/contents), so it is ubuntu++ and not only ~ubuntu
>>>> (For the web site sorry because it is not up to date, we are working on
>>>> to take in consideration the new name and slogan, a new web site also is
>>>> coming soon inchalla).*
>>>>
>>>> **I know that Muslim Edition is just an edition of Ubuntu 8.10 or 8.04
>>>> like themes and many things it is not a version !
>>>> *
>>>> --> mmm, let's say sorry :) in fact since ubuntu 6.10 we have the first
>>>> edition of ubuntuME and after each release we have our own edition few
>>>> days/weeks after ubuntu one.
>>>> Also ubuntuME is not s simple collect of themes, in fact it is like
>>>> Linux
>>>>  Mint: an operating system for personal computers based on (and
>>>> compatible with) Ubuntu, and after changing the name and the coming projects
>>>> inchalla we aim to be really a new OS with its new concept :)*
>>>> **
>>>> **So how can I join the mailing list of SABILY
>>>> *
>>>> --> thnx Rached :)*
>>>>
>>>> and also want to get this edition should I transform with the coding the
>>>> ubuntu 8.10
>>>> *
>>>> --> no you can transform any existing ubuntu (but the DVD contain more
>>>> materials, for download see the next answer):
>>>> http://www.sabily.org/installation *
>>>>
>>>> or this is the edition complete which i can download from one server!*
>>>> --> http://www.sabily.org/en:downloadlinks*
>>>>
>>>> *Salem*
>>>> *
>>>>  2009/4/24 Rached ALEYA <rached.aleya at gmail.com>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> Salam Fares
>>>>> You can join Sabily Team (The new name of ubuntu Muslem Edition) on :
>>>>> https://edge.launchpad.net/~sabily.team<https://edge.launchpad.net/%7Esabily.team>
>>>>> Once you subscribe to the team you'll be also subscribed to the Mailing
>>>>> List :)
>>>>> :)
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> 2009/4/23 Fares Ben Souilah <faresbs at gmail.com>
>>>>>
>>>>>> *thanks Rached ,
>>>>>> So how can I join the mailing list of SABILY and also want to get this
>>>>>> edition should I transform with the coding the ubuntu 8.10 or this is the
>>>>>> edition complete which i can download from one server!
>>>>>> cheers
>>>>>> Fares*
>>>>>>
>>>>>> 2009/4/23 Rached ALEYA <rached.aleya at gmail.com>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Yes you can have two different versions of ubuntu installed on the
>>>>>>> same hard drive of your PC.
>>>>>>> You have just to create another partition with a partition tool like
>>>>>>> Gparted on ubuntu or Partition magic on win.
>>>>>>> Then do the same thing that you have done when installing ubuntu
>>>>>>> 8.10. Br careful in step 4, you have to choose manual portioning and then
>>>>>>> you have to choose the partition that you created before as a / partition
>>>>>>> and don't forget to take a little space for the swap (size of swap = 2*size
>>>>>>> Of Ram, if your RAM's size is >2 Go, then just put swap = 2Go)
>>>>>>> Fares, I advise you to subscribe in the Mailing List of Sabily (the
>>>>>>> new name of Muslim Edition), they are doing a great job :)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> PS : If I am not clear, just repost :)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> 2009/4/23 Fares Ben Souilah <faresbs at gmail.com>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> *Hi everybody,
>>>>>>>> want to ask about if it is possible to have many version of Ubuntu
>>>>>>>> on the same PC! Like Ubuntu 9.04 and in same time Ubuntu Muslim edition!
>>>>>>>> Thanks for the answer and if it is how can I do this! Sorry it is my first
>>>>>>>> year in Esprit and I am also beginner in Ubuntu !
>>>>>>>> Thanks a lot
>>>>>>>> I know that Muslim Edition is just an edition of Ubuntu 8.10 or 8.04
>>>>>>>> like themes and many things it is not a version !
>>>>>>>> Thanks for answering me !
>>>>>>>> Cheers
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Fares *
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Fares Ben Souilah
>>>>>>>> JCI Radès LOM -Tunisia 2009 Secretary General
>>>>>>>> JCI Trainer
>>>>>>>> JCI - Junior Chamber International Tunisia
>>>>>>>> IT Engineer
>>>>>>>> Radio Producer & Broadcaster
>>>>>>>> Adress: 06 Ibn Khaldoun Avenue Radès 2040 Tunisia
>>>>>>>> Tel: +216.22.60.25.77 - Fax: +216.71.44.03.31
>>>>>>>> E-mail: faresbs at gmail.com
>>>>>>>> Skype: fares_b_s  -- MSN: fares_2084 at hotmail.fr
>>>>>>>> Visit www.jci.cc to learn how young people around the world are
>>>>>>>> working to create positive change.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Ubuntu-tn mailing list
>>>>>>>> Ubuntu-tn at lists.ubuntu.com
>>>>>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>>>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-tn
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Cordialement
>>>>>>> Rached ALEYA
>>>>>>> Ingénieur Informatique Temps Réel
>>>>>>> Linux registred user #485643 (http://counter.li.org)
>>>>>>> ubuntu user : 26515 (http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net)
>>>>>>> Coordinateur groupe Rédaction Ubuntu-tn (http://ubuntu-tn.org
>>>>>>>  channel irc sur freenode : #ubuntu-tn)
>>>>>>> Membre de groupe de Projets : linuxac  (www.linuxac.org  channel irc
>>>>>>> sur freenode : #linuxac)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Ubuntu-tn mailing list
>>>>>>> Ubuntu-tn at lists.ubuntu.com
>>>>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-tn
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Fares Ben Souilah
>>>>>> JCI Radès LOM -Tunisia 2009 Secretary General
>>>>>> JCI Trainer
>>>>>> JCI - Junior Chamber International Tunisia
>>>>>> IT Engineer
>>>>>> Radio Producer & Broadcaster
>>>>>> Adress: 06 Ibn Khaldoun Avenue Radès 2040 Tunisia
>>>>>> Tel: +216.22.60.25.77 - Fax: +216.71.44.03.31
>>>>>> E-mail: faresbs at gmail.com
>>>>>> Skype: fares_b_s  -- MSN: fares_2084 at hotmail.fr
>>>>>> Visit www.jci.cc to learn how young people around the world are
>>>>>> working to create positive change.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Ubuntu-tn mailing list
>>>>>> Ubuntu-tn at lists.ubuntu.com
>>>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-tn
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Cordialement
>>>>> Rached ALEYA
>>>>> Ingénieur Informatique Temps Réel
>>>>> Linux registred user #485643 (http://counter.li.org)
>>>>> ubuntu user : 26515 (http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net)
>>>>> Coordinateur groupe Rédaction Ubuntu-tn (http://ubuntu-tn.org
>>>>>  channel irc sur freenode : #ubuntu-tn)
>>>>> Membre de groupe de Projets : linuxac  (www.linuxac.org  channel irc
>>>>> sur freenode : #linuxac)
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Ubuntu-tn mailing list
>>>>> Ubuntu-tn at lists.ubuntu.com
>>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-tn
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> عبد المنعم كوكة
>>>> Abdelmonam Kouka
>>>> Software Engineer
>>>> GNU/Linux user #450141
>>>> GPG Fingerprint: EC21 1E4E 5B0C E4E7 0D64  3305 0D62 75C9 2C15 16E0
>>>> ================================================
>>>> "Some people see things as they are and say why.
>>>> I dream things that never were and say why not?"
>>>>                           [George Bernard Shaw]
>>>> ================================================
>>>> http://www.sabily.org/
>>>> http://arabeyes.org/
>>>> http://www.ubuntu-tn.org/
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Ubuntu-tn mailing list
>>>> Ubuntu-tn at lists.ubuntu.com
>>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-tn
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Fares Ben Souilah
>>> JCI Radès LOM -Tunisia 2009 Secretary General
>>> JCI Trainer
>>> JCI - Junior Chamber International Tunisia
>>> IT Engineer
>>> Radio Producer & Broadcaster
>>> Adress: 06 Ibn Khaldoun Avenue Radès 2040 Tunisia
>>> Tel: +216.22.60.25.77 - Fax: +216.71.44.03.31
>>> E-mail: faresbs at gmail.com
>>> Skype: fares_b_s  -- MSN: fares_2084 at hotmail.fr
>>> Visit www.jci.cc to learn how young people around the world are working
>>> to create positive change.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ubuntu-tn mailing list
>>> Ubuntu-tn at lists.ubuntu.com
>>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-tn
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> عبد المنعم كوكة
>> Abdelmonam Kouka
>> Software Engineer
>> GNU/Linux user #450141
>> GPG Fingerprint: EC21 1E4E 5B0C E4E7 0D64  3305 0D62 75C9 2C15 16E0
>> ================================================
>> "Some people see things as they are and say why.
>> I dream things that never were and say why not?"
>>                           [George Bernard Shaw]
>> ================================================
>> http://www.sabily.org/
>> http://arabeyes.org/
>> http://www.ubuntu-tn.org/
>>
>> --
>> Ubuntu-tn mailing list
>> Ubuntu-tn at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-tn
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Cordialement
> Rached ALEYA
> Ingénieur Informatique Temps Réel
> Linux registred user #485643 (http://counter.li.org)
> ubuntu user : 26515 (http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net)
> Coordinateur groupe Rédaction Ubuntu-tn (http://ubuntu-tn.org    channel
> irc sur freenode : #ubuntu-tn)
> Membre de groupe de Projets : linuxac  (www.linuxac.org  channel irc sur
> freenode : #linuxac)
>
> --
> Ubuntu-tn mailing list
> Ubuntu-tn at lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-tn
>
>


-- 
عبد المنعم كوكة
Abdelmonam Kouka
Software Engineer
GNU/Linux user #450141
GPG Fingerprint: EC21 1E4E 5B0C E4E7 0D64  3305 0D62 75C9 2C15 16E0
================================================
"Some people see things as they are and say why.
I dream things that never were and say why not?"
                          [George Bernard Shaw]
================================================
http://www.sabily.org/
http://arabeyes.org/
http://www.ubuntu-tn.org/
-------------- section suivante --------------
Une pièce jointe HTML a été nettoyée...
URL: https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-tn/attachments/20090424/b9d7ad93/attachment-0001.htm 


Plus d'informations sur la liste de diffusion Ubuntu-tn