[Bug 384105] Re: QQ account disabled because of protocol error in Pidgin and Empathy
aldebx at yahoo.fr
Mon Oct 11 16:53:20 UTC 2010
** Description changed:
- Binary package hint: pidgin
+ Binary package hint: pidgin, empathy, telepathy-haze, libpurple
- I don't know what caused this, but this has been happening for a while.
- I thought the problem with QQ was fixed because QQ worked on Pidgin
- earlier today, but then I signed back on this evening and I got a
- message that my QQ had been disabled. QQ used to work all the time from
- Pidgin. This is really disappointing that it doesn't work anymore.
+ It has been over 16 months QQ chat protocol is unusable in linux.
- The problem only started it seems with pidgin 2.5.5. Since then I've
- lost several QQ numbers to pidgin.
+ Pidgin (libpurple) and Empathy (telepathy-haze) with default settings
+ prevent logging into QQ servers because of protocol incompatibility.
- I've just given up on Pidgin QQ. I'm going to use QQ for linux to talk
- to my Chinese friends from now on.
+ Modifying the server version with QQ2008 enables the user to log in only for a very short time (a few hours).
+ As the original reporter stated back in June 2009 and I presonally confirm today October 2010 (Ubuntu Maverick 10.10, default install) Trencent (the QQ provide) disables all user accounts permanently once they are found using an unofficial version of the client.
- ProblemType: Bug
- Architecture: i386
- DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
- ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/pidgin
- Package: pidgin 1:2.5.6-1~getdeb1
- PATH=(custom, no user)
- SourcePackage: pidgin
- Uname: Linux 2.6.28-11-generic i686
- UnreportableReason: This is not a genuine Ubuntu package
+ The official version of the client linuxqq (available from the official
+ website of QQ) is dated January 2009 and on current versions of Ubuntu
+ crashes after the second sentence typed in and sent to the other party.
+ eva package, another alternative for QQ, is dated back to 2006.
+ Windows QQ does not correctly run under wine.
+ Currently there is no valid alternative to anyone willing to chat using
+ QQ protocol.
QQ account disabled because of protocol error in Pidgin and Empathy
You received this bug notification because you are a member of
Telepathy, which is the registrant for Empathy.
More information about the Ubuntu-telepathy