Package Up-gradation at PPA

Dipankar Patro dipankar at seeta.in
Fri Oct 22 15:22:14 BST 2010

Hi,

SEETA team is currently in the process of
David Farning has pointed out an error that we are not doing the Replacement
part properly.

The packages that we are upgrading should remove the previous version (if
any on the system) and then continue to install new version.
Currently this is not happening.

I went through some sites, apart from Debian Maintainers' one.

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html : Section
7.6.2

http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-maintainerscripts.html#s-mscriptsinstact:
Some scripts regarding replacement.

The problem is, I am unable to figure how to do it for CDBS systems. Right
now the line for Replaces is:

Replaces: ${cdbs:Replaces}

I am unable to figure out how to proceed with the available info.
Some pointers will be helpful.

Regards,
Dipankar