New Sugar Team Project on Launchpad...

Jeff Elkner jeff at elkner.net
Tue May 4 22:23:20 BST 2010

Hi All,

After teaching with Turtle Art in several classes (High School, Middle
School, and Elementary School students from Saturday enrichment
classes to ELL - English Language Learners), we began gathering some
of the work students did into a Google doc, which can be seen here:

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dc63cfgj_19d3xrd2hn

What we really need is a social networking site for TurtleArt, similar
to http://scratch.mit.edu.  I have a *very* talented 9th grade
student, David Reich, who is earning college credit with me this
semester in web application programming, so I asked him if he'd like
to take a crack at getting this started.

The project he setup on launchpad:

https://edge.launchpad.net/turtlesite

I wrote up the 1st two blueprints, assigned them to David, and made
Walter the approver.

jeff elkner