Ubuntu Sugar tester... Testing of ppa install of sugar on Ubuntu 9.10 per the revised wiki page

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Jan 5 23:08:39 GMT 2010

Testing of ppa install of sugar on Ubuntu 9.10 per the revised wiki page

I just did an install of sugar to a 120GB  usb hardisk with a fresh
install of Ubuntu9.10 Karmic
after doing an update of 169 files
I then did the following commands shown at the bottom:(from the wiki)
1-)shutdown and log out work
2-) gdm selection of sugar works fine
3-) Browse still will not start
4-) After running sugar-desktop and logging out then logging in to gnome
at gdm switcher:
mouse no longer will click to select boxes in gnome. Alt letter combos
work Drag works with mouse buttons.
as a result you cannot eject USB etc.

Tom Gilliard

David Farning wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:43 AM, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
>>> Thanks for testing this so we can clean up the documentation.
>>> Yes, one of the things I have been working on is to prune the Sugar on
>>> Ubuntu work down to the core essentials.  We have a very limited
>>> amount of resources available.  I am trying to narrow the focus down
>>> to one core task 'Ubuntu Sugar Remix' and the work necessary to
>>> support Ubuntu Sugar Remix.
>>> This has meant narrowing focus to the Sugar 0.88 packages synced from
>>> Debian on  Ubuntu 10.4.  The VDI images are particularly important so
>>> Jeff's class can work on the project without installing Lucid on the
>>> Labs machines.
>> I've tweaked wiki page to add Karmic repo and mentions official packages
>> for 0.88
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/index.php?title=Community/Distributions/Ubuntu&diff=42598&oldid=42597
>>> Will you file these as bugs or additional comments to existing bugs at
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sugar-0.88 ?
>>> thanks