Is schoolserver running? (Soas register hangs when clicked)

Dave Bauer dave at solutiongrove.com
Tue Aug 17 12:39:59 BST 2010

This may or may not work. There are many factors. First you need a modified
schoolserver.py that will register with the jabber server URL instead of a
fixed "schoolserver" URL. This patch was made to the SoaS code but I am not
sure its in Ubuntu.

I checked and the idmgr service is running on jabber.sugarlabs.org on the
public address (which is not recommended, but its just for experimental use
anyway.)

Dave

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Dipankar Patro <dipankar at seeta.in> wrote:

> Sorry.
> In my previous mail, I accidentally mentioned 'lucid'
> I am actually running on 'maverick'.
>
> Corrected Message:
>
> I am using USR, 'Maverick'.
>
> This thing is happening with me too.
>
> Can anyone please confirm whether registration is working on
> jabber.sugarlabs.org?
>
> Regards,
> Dipankar
>
> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Dipankar Patro <dipankar at seeta.in> wrote:
>
>> I am using USR, Lucid.
>> This thing is happening with me too.
>>
>> Can anyone please confirm whether registration is working on
>> jabber.sugarlabs.org?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dipankar
>>

>> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Thomas C Gilliard <
>> satellit at bendbroadband.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dave;
>>>
>>> I notice that the "register" dropdown does not work, or causes a hang,
>>> in the latest Soas nightly Compose soas-i386-20100812.16.iso
>>> Is the schoolserver running?
>>> or does the latest version of Soas have a bug
>>>
>>> I notice that this is occurring in UbuntuSugarRemix also.[1]
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Tom Gilliard
>>> satellit
>>>

>>> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/617813