Fullscreen bug - new approach

Dipankar Patro dipankar at seeta.in
Mon Aug 16 19:01:53 BST 2010

Hi all,

Lately, there has been a good discussion on the fullscreen bug at Launchpad.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sugar-0.88/+bug/614388

I worked on the bug a little bit more and found that the cropping takes
place exactly at the resolution : 800x600.
Above or below that resolution, there is no problem at all.

Thanks to Aleksey, who helped me find and understand the emulator.py file.

My suggestion is:
Since cropping is taking place at resolution 800x600, enable full screen for
resolutions <= 800x600 which is currently set at < 800x600
* default resolution in emulator.py is 800x600.

I tried it and am not getting any cropping. So, this primarily solves the
bug and that too without adding a new desktop entry.

Any suggestions regarding this approach?

Regards,
Dipankar