Sugar on Lucid

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Wed Aug 11 20:07:04 BST 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 2:36 PM, Sebastian Silva
<sebastian at somosazucar.org> wrote:
> Hi David,
> Thank you for your quick answer.
> We'd love to deploy them next week.
> I (and Raul Hugo in Lima) will be trying the Maverick
> packages. Perhaps this is a good opportunity for testing
> them? We'd love to provide feedback to help improve them.

That would be excellent.  Please report bugs to this list, Launch Pad
or IRC #Ubuntu-sugarteam.  We have been ramping up the
Ubuntu-Sugarteam. We have 7 developers on staff.  As the first test of
Sugar on Ubuntu on the Classmate, we have a rather strong incentive to
help your project succeed.

> I should email our contact at Intel, letting them know what
> we are doing with the dozen Clamshell Classmates they
> lend us for "Proyecto Malla", our Amazonian expedition:
> http://somosazucar.org/2010/05/01/presentacion-proyecto-malla/ (we prepared
> this introduction for them).
>
> What did you have in mind for introducing them?
> Sugar Labs, Ubuntu Sugar Remix?
> We'd love to join forces and facilitate further deployments /
> experiences. I can put you in touch with our contact
> for Peru / Latin America.

Mainly just to let them know that Sugar on the Classmate is becoming a
viable option:)  As such XOs and Classmates can happily coexist at
deployments.

We are interested in working with Intel or any hardware manufacturer
to provide Sugar on Ubuntu on their platform.

> I'll keep the list posted on further
> developments/communications.

thanks
david