Test release of USR

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Apr 15 03:52:20 BST 2010

David;

Tried to Install to disk (4GBUSB) from boot menu 2nd line:
Install Ubuntu Sugar Remix
Generating Locales
Scanning disc for Index Files..
Found 2 package Indexes, 0 source indexes, 0 translation indexes and 1
signatures
Please provide a name for this Disk, such as "Debian 5.0.3 Disk 1":

=====2nd Try=================
It found disk name on 2nd Boot.....
now formatting 4GB USB
 /boot ext3 200
/         ext3 balance
no swap

Installed to USB.

USB Booted fine....

problems and comments:

sugar only as sugar-emulator in gnome menu.
reversed mouse buttons (<ctrl> needed for normal mouse button operation)
No Browse
no F3 activities on ring, have to go to f3  listing to see them.
Presence service connects to jabber.sugarlabs.org and sees other avitars.

I used a 2nd USB with ASLO .xo files on it to drag-drop .xo activity
files to Journal
Thus installing them.
http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/ASLO-xo.tar.gz
(download; uncompress and copy to a 1 GB USB)
installed colors and moon from this USB and they work fine.

Tom Gilliard
satellit