Test release of USR

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Thu Apr 15 01:04:37 BST 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 5:18 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 05:05:51PM -0500, David Farning wrote:
>> We are sitting on the browse and write issues because there are no
>> good solutions that compile with the three guideline listed above.  I
>> don't want to diverge with debian unless we have a sane plan in place
>> for re-merging as soon as possible.
>
> Feel free to join the OLPC team at Alioth and let's work together on those
> issues - if you are not certain that it is Ubuntu-specific bugs.
>
> Also, you might want to get involved in that Browse issue that I brought up
> at the sugar-dev list recently - with the Debian xulrunner maintainer
> offering to help improve sugar-hulahop code but noone Upstream stepping in
> to work on it.  I suspect such code cleanup might help resolve problems in
> Ubuntu too.

I have encouraged everyone involved in USR to subscribe to Alioth --
But, I anticipate that we will still be consumers rather than
participants for the .90  cycle.

The .88 release was about focus.  We spent the last three months
pruning all of the branches Sugar branches in Ubuntu except
https://launchpad.net/~sugarteam/+archive/ppa .  This branch is based
on Debian and will become the official Ubuntu branch when the 10.10
window opens.   A lot of this was non-technical, like deleting stale
stuff from Launch Pad.

The .90 release will be about synchronization. 1) Learning the the
Debian and Ubuntu workflows.  2) Integrating those workflows together.
 2) Bringing new developer onboard.  4)  Fixing bugs.

The goal is to contribute upstream.... It might take a while to get up
to speed and actively contributing.  At least we are heading in the
same direction.

david