llowance is my own, and I presume

Koncan sockdologer at route66.nl
Tue Sep 1 22:49:02 BST 2009

Not! Do you suppose that either my brother or I will take the fortune
that our father stole--yes, _stole_ from him? After he has been living
almost in poverty all these years and we in luxury--on _his_ money? Of
course we shall not take it!" "But, Caroline, I imagine you will have to
take it. I understand your feelings, but I think he will compel you to
take it." "I shall _not_!" she sprang to her feet. "Of course I shall
not! Never! never!" "What's that you're never goin' to take, Caroline?
Measles? or another trip down in these parts? I hope 'tain't the last,
'cause I've been cal'latin' you'd like it well enough to come again."
Caroline turned. So did Syl