'apt-get install sugar-platform' available for Ubuntu9.10.

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Oct 27 09:46:33 GMT 2009

Hi David, and anyone else subscribed here,

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 08:24:04PM -0500, David Farning wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 5:25 PM, Grant Bowman <grantbow at gmail.com> wrote:
>> These packages need to get into the archives pretty soon so bugs can
>> be filed against the packages, but it's not ready yet.  I tried to do
>> ubuntu-bug sugar-base but ppa versions don't work with ubuntu-bug it
>> seems.
>I wish I had good new for you on this.  But I am afraid that first I
>need to learn the CDBS patching method, learn Ubuntu packaging policy,
>and then find a sponsor  and become a MOTU.

I am happy for Ubuntu that you have engaged with this.  I sincerely do
not mean this as grumpy - but why do it here instead of collaborate at
Alioth[1] or at least coordinate our packaging by mail[2]?

At first I imagined that you had decided to use a different packaging
technique than me - i.e. not use CDBS - and that perhaps my stubbornness
regarding my packaging style made you not want to hang out anywhere near
me to avoid my ranting.  But that seems not to be the case.

I honestly want to understand what discourages more tightly coordinated
packaging efforts across Debian-based distributions.  And I wish you all
of luck with whatever you devote time on.

Kind regards,

  - Jonas

Debian developer and Sugar packager for Debian

[1] https://alioth.debian.org/projects/debian-olpc/

[2] debian-olpc-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org